When To Apply To MBA Programs
When you should apply to MBA programs — which year, and whether you should target Round 1 or Round 2 in that year — is an important decision.
In which year should you apply?
MBA programs prefer to admit candidates with 4-5 years of pre-MBA work experience upon matriculation because:
- They want students to have interesting experiences to share in classroom discussions
- Many post-MBA employers prefer 5+ years of pre-MBA work experience
- Students with 4-5 years of experience are likely to have a few leadership experiences, which prepares them well for further leadership development.
The admissions officers sometimes get a bit of advice from their friends in the career development office, too.
In which round should you apply?
This depends on many factors, including:
- Will the school see a lot of applicants with a similar profile to yours?
- Have you completed the necessary preparation for making a quality application, like school networking?
- Do you have enough time remaining to do your best work on the applications?
Watch this video to figure out when your best application round will be:
Originally appeared on Menlo Coaching.
Standardized exam on the horizon? Thinking about supplemental academic tutoring? Our Education Specialists can help navigate you towards success with a free 1:1 consult.
Noodle Pros tutors are full-time test prep and academic tutors with no less than seven years of experience. Qualifying to become a Pro is no easy task, and we take qualifying tutors seriously. Schedule a meeting below, and we will send an email to prepare you for your consultation. We’ll only call you that day. And no, we won’t share your info with anyone else unless you ask us to.